So here is a picture of the boots I mentioned in my last entry. Brian insisted that they were highly blog-worthy, and that just a brief mention would not cut it. So, here they are in all their green and yellow John Deere glory.
Also found blog worthy by my husband is his lovely new grill cover. We were at my monthly check-up for the baby and the nurse noticed that Brian was wearing a Boise State hat. She asked him if he was a big Bronco fan, and, of course, Brian responded enthusiastically. She then informed us that Wal-Mart (yes, OUR little mediocre Wal-Mart that never carries anything) had Boise State grill covers in stock back by the gardening supplies. We immediatly agreed that we must have one, and since our last cover didn't survive the winter I decided it was justified to get it. As soon as my appointment was over we hurried over to Wal-Mart and, sure enough, there were two left (I know, I was just as shocked as you are that there were any left and that we didn't have to leave dissapointed). It now sits proudly on our grill, protecting it from the rain we have been pelted with the last few days. I am surprised that Brian doesn't insist on getting a cover for the grill cover to protect the logo, but that would probably be going a little too far. In any case, Brian insisted that I put the photo up so that he may proudly show it off...and rub it in a little bit, I think.
Since Brian was so anxious to have his new pride and joy posted, I thought it only fair that I get to share something, too. I just finished making this new dress on Tuesday, with much gratitude to Brian's aunt JoElla for her help with alterations, sleeves, zipper and moral support. It is a maternity dress, but I hope that I will be able to still wear it even after the baby is born. I've had the fabric for about a year, and decided that since my dress no longer fit me that it would be much cheaper to use the fabric I already had (which was bought for a mere $1 a yard...I think it may have been mis-marked) to make one than to go buy a new one in the shape of a tent. I still have plenty of fabric left over if I decide that I want to make another new one that isn't maternity after I have the baby. I am quite proud of how it turned out, so I thought I would share.
It is much easier to see if you click on it...and it does have a pretty lace flower thing at the neck, but its hard to see in the picture because the dress itself is sooooo shiny.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
A Few Random Things
Posted by The Fletcher at 11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
We are so excited for you guys. I have been keeping up with your blog, I just rarely comment! At any rate, I thought you might like an extra idea for that fabric. You could always make Brian a tie and you could make the enveople for your packet out of the same material. Just a few ideas.
Post a Comment