Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What we're up to these days

I just thought I'd update on our lives a little bit. Brian is taking a semester off from school this spring/summer, so he is enjoying just working for the time being. He deserved a break, he's been working very hard at school.

I have started babysitting a little boy who is a month younger than Sam a few times a week. His name is Tristan and he is the son of one of my former professors. Tristan and Sam are very intrigued with each other. They'll lay on their tummys and just stare at each other. Sam gets excited and screams at Tristan (he likes to scream when he's happy), and then Tristan cries. But he forgives Sam rather quickly and they get right back to staring and smiling at each other.

We've started giving Sam little bits of food that is easily dissolved in his mouth (crackers, bread, gerber fruit puffs, etc.) . So far, his favorite is popcorn. I bite off all of the crunchy parts and give him the softies. He loves it. In fact, he gets a little sad face if I eat some without giving him any.

Sam is also working on army crawling. He has rolling all over the floor down, and he can turn his body around using his arms and he can push himself backwards. He has moved foreward a bit a few times, but hasn't really realized he's doing it yet. Sometimes he'll even get up on his knees and rock back and forth...but usually he has to be backed up against something to plant his feet against to do that. It looks like crawling isn't too far off in the future, but I'm willing to let him put it off for as long as he wants to ;) .

1 comments:

PaintPrincess said...

awwwwww!! He's growing up so quickly!!!!!!
I wish you guys lived here!!! :(