Its official. Sam is crawling. He isn't very coordinated yet, but he is up on his knees and moving forward. Brian is ecstatic, and I'm breaking out the outlet covers and baby gate. Anyway, here are the best videos we could get of it:
You'll notice in the second one he doesn't do a whole lot of actual "crawling," but he gets to his destination.
Yesterday we had quite a nice surprise. Some very kind and generous neighbors stopped to inform us that they were getting rid of all of their baby toys, books, and clothes since their son has outgrown them. They were just about to take them to the DI when they thought, "Hey, the Fletchers have a boy, maybe they would want them..." so they offered them to us. We said sure, and the next thing we know we have 6 or 7 garbage bags of toys and clothes. Some of the clothes were too small, so they'll be going to some families in our ward who are about to have or just had babies, but there were quite a few things that fit Sam right now and even more that will in the next year or so. And the toys! There was a whole bunch of Fisher Price Little People and play sets. There was a Carnival (complete with working roller coaster), a Zoo, an Airport, a Roadway, a Talking School Bus, and a Construction Zone. At this point, Sam's favorite is the Zoo because he can get it to make sounds, but mostly he just likes to suck on the animals. I'm pretty sure once his fine motor skills are honed a bit more he'll be able to get a lot of good use out of all of the toys. So, to those wonderful neighbors (you know who you are), THANK YOU! You have provided us with the means to entertain our child and possibly even give me a little time to get a thing or two done around the house!




2 comments:
That is awesome!! All the way around!!!
He is so cute I can hardly stand it!! I was laughing so hard watching his wobbly attempts to take a straight line!! (If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were putting something a little strong in his bottle!!) haha ;)
I am so glad he is entertained and you will be able to get some things done around the house!! YAY!!!
Love you guys!
Lucky you guys to get all those hand me downs. He will have a grand ol time with all those toys.
He is still as cute as ever!
Post a Comment