Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update and a Recipe

Sam loves the new freedom that crawling gives him, and he has gotten much, much better at it. He has also started waving bye-bye and finger feeding himself. Still no teeth, and he still won't hold his own bottle. We've started cloth diapering part time to cut some costs, and so far its going pretty well. I use some Fuzzi Bunz pocket style diapers that were given to us and they're pretty easy on and off.

I've decided to post another recipe, since a few people really liked the last one. So, here it is:

Home Made Pizza

Crust:
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs dry yeast
1 tsp salt
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 c. white flour
(instead of whole wheat flour, all 3 cups can be white and the recipe still works remarkably well)
3 Tbs oil (olive or vegetable)
1 c. water

Mix sugar, yeast, salt, and flour. Add oil and water and mix thoroughly. Knead abt 20-30 times. Cover and let rest 15-30 min. While resting, make sauce (below). Spread over cookie sheet greased very heavily with more oil and get oil on both sides of dough (this can also make 2 smaller round pizzas, but I like to just spread it on the cookie sheet...its easier for me). Let rest 5 more min. & top.

Sauce:
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 tsp. garlic salt
1-2 tsp. Italian seasonings (I like it with 1, but try it both ways before you decide).

Mix well and let sit 5 min to meld flavors. Spread over dough.

Top with grated mozzarella and cheddar to your preference. You can use the pre packaged pizza meats, or even some ground beef browned with Italian seasonings and some onion is really good. Basically just whatever toppings you like on your pizza!

1 comments:

Eli and Cathy said...

pizza sounds yummy! hey when are you guys coming 'round to B town? I haven't seen you since your shower! I miss you guys! and we should totally let the babies at each other. Although I think Sam would have a definate advantage at this point since Max doesn't even roll yet! and PS... Brooke is having a baby!?!?????